You can also compare HR software if you’re looking for a complete workforce management solution.
In this review…
- What are applicant tracking systems?
- Popular applicant tracking systems
- LinkedIn Recruiter
- Zoho Recruit
- Oracle Taleo
What are applicant tracking systems?
Applicant tracking systems are a software application that manages the hiring needs of any business electronically.
Applicant tracking systems emerged partially as a response to the success of early job-search forums and partially out of the requirement to develop a more efficient system to handle the large influxes of data (such as CV’s and job applications).
It provides you with large data sets along with filters that aid your decision-making processes during recruitment.
Put simply, you can advertise jobs, collect CV’s and communicate with candidates all from one platform, when you use applicant tracking systems.
The software is accessible online and can provide you with an option to filter applications automatically based on a variety of criteria; these criteria could include years of experience, skills, former employers, education details, and other keywords.
Tedious tasks like the organisation of candidate credentials and details, new employees, and employee management are also made simpler through the use of such software.
Applicant tracking systems offer job posting, CV storage, collaboration with teammates, social sharing, job distribution, automated sorting of applications, scheduling interviews, and more.
Some applicant tracking systems include a CRM software function, which is ideal for businesses such as recruitment agencies.
Here’s the most popular applicant tracking systems
Greenhouse Software is a leading provider of applicant tracking systems that is known for its neat organisation of candidate applications under a single dashboard.
It is an open platform that uses an application programming interface to provide smoother data aggregation.
- Automated posting on social media along with automated job approvals.
- Templates of Offer and Rejection letters.
- Interview Assessment Kits.
- Interview scheduling along with detailed feedbacks for each interview.
- Pipeline Management.
- Data Quality Audit.
- Customised Project Plans.
- Video-based Training.
- Encrypted Payments.
Pricing: From £4816 per year.
BreezyHR is a software that was designed to help streamline recruitment processes for managers.
It is targeted towards small, medium, and large companies. Given below are a few of its unique features.
- Candidate Sourcing and Management; inclusion of features like candidate
- scorecards and automated reference checking for later reviewal.
- Screening of potential candidates through questionnaires.
- Chrome extension for a variety of job posting sites, along with a system to import resumes of any format.
- Customisable Pipelines.
- Customisable Email Templates.
- Mobile optimisation and in-app scheduling.
- Integrated video interviews along with live comment threads for the recruiters and the hiring team.
- Job widget feature to automatically import new candidate profiles into the pipeline.
Pricing: £35 monthly (Starter Pack), £108 monthly (Growth Pack), and a Pro Pack where the rate is quoted.
Visit BreezyHR to see more.
Lever is an American cloud-based software that combines the features of applicant tracking systems and customer relationship management under a single, accessible interface.
This provides a versatile software that is suitable to cover a wide range of requirements for a human resources team.
- Automated Workflow.
- Interview Scheduling.
- Shareable Job Links for Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Dashboard system for easier visuals along with customisable reports and tools.
- Google Chrome extension that allows employees to directly add referrals into the company’s pipeline.
- Numerous accessibility levels for candidate data to preserve confidentiality.
- Candidate Tracking.
- Self-service Portal.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Pricing: Ranging between £2183 – £90,958 annually.
Workable is an AI-powered recruiting platform that is designed to help users find and evaluate candidates through its automated functions.
It is one of the most popular applicant tracking systems and is used by over 20,000 companies globally.
- Over 400 million candidate profiles.
- Passive candidate searches through social media tabs.
- In-built assessment and interview tools.
- Custom Job Application forms.
- Mobile optimisation.
- Background checks available.
- Bulk resume uploading and parsing.
- Offer letter templates.
Pricing: £72 per month; customisable advanced plan.
LinkedIn Recruiter emerged as an applicant tracking system targeted to help companies find suitable candidates from the large pool of users who utilise LinkedIn for individual career prospects.
It is currently one of the most commonly used recruiting platforms owing to its large candidate pool and its direct messaging feature.
- Visually compact presentation of professional networks, messages, jobs, and notifications.
- Unlimited access to over 550 million users.
- Personalised message templates that can be saved for later use.
- Chat feature that allows for direct communication between any two parties.
- Advanced search filters and spotlights.
- Provides smart suggestions.
- InMail feature with each seat receiving around 150 a month.
- Free-flow of data between members of the hiring team to allow for optimal collaboration.
- Notification features akin to social media platforms.
Pricing: £600 per month or £6548 per year. LinkedIn Recruiter Lite is at £87 per month or £1745 per year.
Visit LinkedIn to see the full suite of talent solutions.
BambooHR is an American company that provides human resource software with services that includes an applicant tracking system and an employee benefits tracker.
Its simple interface and thorough sets of features make it one of the highest rated software despite its higher price margin.
- Centralised Employee Database.
- Controlled Access.
- Multilanguage Service and Support.
- HRIS and HRMS Software.
- Employee Absence and Bonus Management.
- SSL Security.
- Employee Portal.
- Goal Management.
- Data Imports and Exports.
- Employee Lifecycle.
Pricing: This software offers a free trial; it also maintains quote-based rates.
Zoho Recruit is a cloud-based software that is built to provide end-to-end hiring solutions for temporary workforces, staffing agencies, and corporate human resources.
This applicant tracking system has been among the leading choices globally for its smooth automation, intuitive interface, and high degree of customisation.
- Advanced Search.
- Applicant tracking system along with CRM.
- LinkedIn Integration.
- Resume Database and feature of Parsing Resumes.
- Import Data from Zoho CRM.
- Web Page for Careers.
- Create and Publish Job Openings.
- Track sources.
Subscription rates range from £18 per month (Standard Pack), £36 per month (Professional Pack), and £54 per month (Enterprise Pack).
Workday is a recruitment software that focuses on human capital management.
It is a suitable software for candidates, recruiters, and hiring managers alike.
Its strong security system and planning analytics has made it a popular choice among its users.
- Goal Management and Time Tracking.
- Career and Development Planning.
- Grants Management.
- Performance Management.
- Centralised Business Management.
- Organisation Management.
- Real Time Spend Analytics.
- Mobile Optimisation.
- Global Payroll.
- Revenue Recognition.
- Customised Reports.
- Management Reports.
Pricing: Workday offers a quote-based plan with the minimum cost of £72 per year.
Freshteam is a human resources software that takes from the features of both applicant tracking systems and recruitment applications to consolidate it under a single interface.
It aims to serve as a one-stop solution for human resources software across industries.
- Personalised engagement and collaborative hiring.
- Archived and searchable talent pool.
- Bulk Email Actions.
- Recruitment CRM.
- Interview Feedback.
- Offer Letter Templates.
- Employee Onboarding.
- Mobile Optimisation.
- 24/7 Customer Support
Pricing: Freshteam offers a free trial for their advanced services.
They mainly have four packages with different price ranges – i) Free (Sprout); ii) £36 per month (Blossom); iii) £72 per month (Garden); and iv) £145 per month (Estate).
Oracle Taleo is a cloud-based all-encompassing applicant tracking system that provides functions for recruiting, onboarding, performance management, succession planning, compensation management, and for learning and development.
Currently it remains to be one of the most reputed applicant tracking systems and is used by businesses globally.
- Talent Management.
- Recruitment Management.
- Compensation Management.
- Learning Management.
- Performance Tracking.
- Employee Performance Review.
- eSignature Function.
- Social Integration.
Pricing: Begins from £72 per month; quote-based free depending on the vendor and the client.
ZipRecruiter is an AI-powered recruitment software is widely used by American businesses and job-seekers alike for its easy accessibility.
- Shareable Resumes.
- Branded Job Pages.
- Employee Screening Interviews.
- Social Network Integration.
- Traffic Boost.
- Crowd Sourcing.
- New Candidate Alerts.
- Broad Distribution.
Pricing: Starts from £118 per month.
Bullhorn is a cloud-based applicant tracking system that also provides CRM and Operations Software which works best for recruitment agencies.
Its range of human resources functions along with its varied device optimisation makes this software a popular choice for users that require high degrees of flexibility.
- Pipeline Management.
- Pulse Customer Intelligence.
- Mobile CRM.
- Automatic Email Tracking.
- Accelerator feature for saving candidate information from the web.
- Integration with Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, and LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Advanced Search.
- Ability to view and edit records from mobiles.
- Lead and opportunity management.
Pricing: Begins at £72 per month; rates are quotable and are negotiated by the vendor and the client; Bullhorn offers free trials for their services as well.