AWeber vs Mailchimp? Which is the best email marketing service? This review will help you compare both and decide which is best for your business.
In this review…
- AWeber overview
- AWeber pros & cons
- Mailchimp overview
- Mailchimp pros & cons
- AWeber vs Mailchimp
- Which is best: AWeber vs Mailchimp
AWeber is an email marketing service provider. This helps businesses promote and market their products and services directly to consumers through an email marketing campaign. It is a well-established company that makes the marketing process easier.
The services provided by AWeber can be broken down into a few points. The services include creating mailing lists, designing newsletters, automating email marketing, and viewing and analyzing statistics. These are some of the major services that are provided by AWeber for email marketing purposes.
The templates used in email marketing are considered extremely responsive which means that they can automatically resize them. So, no matter which device is being used for viewing, it will be according to that size. AWeber is a reliable, easy-to-use, and comprehensive email marketing service provider. As we move on, you can get to know about this service provider in a better way.
AWeber Pros And Cons
Mailchimp is another top contender in email marketing. It helps you create beautiful and professional emails to engage your customers. It has professional emailing tools that help businesses learn and grow in this area. This service provider assists in sending the message across by creating customized content. You have the authority and power to make your emails bespoke and attractive according to the needs of your target audience.
Mailchimp also gives you the ability to link your online stores so that email can be sent along with the product recommendation from your store. This makes the entire process very engaging and shows that the business is putting effort into its marketing techniques.
Furthermore, Mailchimp offers AI-powered tools that are user-friendly and can help businesses in their growth and success. The interface of this tool has helped this to be in the top category. The interface is said to be intuitive and powerful which makes usage very easy..
Mailchimp Pros & Cons
AWeber vs Mailchimp
AWeber and Mailchimp are the leading names in the area of email marketing. These two service providers have a lot of features in common. These companies have huge marketing budgets and the reach is enormous. Almost 1 million small businesses and entrepreneurs use AWeber for their marketing needs. On the other hand, Mailchimp has grown rapidly and has almost 16 million users.
AWeber offers you to build an email list from almost 700 templates, autoresponders, and stock images. Whereas, Mailchimp has its special features. Mailchimp offers services like templates, advanced analytics, and optimization features.
Looking at this overview, both these service providers seem decent and simple but this isn’t a complete picture. For you to make a decision, you need to have better information and more figures. Let’s look in detail at these big giants of this industry. We will be comparing pricing, plans, usability, features, and much more in this review.
Sometimes deciding which email marketing service provider to use depends upon the pricing and plans they offer. It is important to be aware of this information during the decision-making process. AWeber and Mailchimp have various plans to offer to their customers
Both of these tools have almost similar plans but there are few things that you need to compare while considering an email marketing service provider.
- AWeber and MailChimp both have free plans available. In their free plan, you will have a limited set of tools and features available that you can use.
- In AWeber’s free plan you will have a subscriber limit of 500 along with 3000 emails per month. The free trial is available for 30 days. In contrast, Mailchimp’s free plan caters to up to 2000 subscribers and you can send 12000 emails per month.
- Remember that free plans offered by both these service providers include ads. Ads will pop up in your free plan.
- AWeber offers only one other plan which is the Pro plan. This plan costs $16.15 per month and this plan charges you annually.
- AWeber’s Pro plan has an unlimited subscribers limit, the number of emails you can send, and the number of list profiles.
- In this Pro plan offered by AWeber, a range of features are available for the users. All the features and services related to email, landing pages, list building, reporting, segmentation, account management integration, and customer support are available.
- On the other hand, Mailchimp offers three other pricing plans. The plans are categorized as Essentials, Standard, and Premium.
- The Essentials plan starts from $9.99/month. It has a range of features that are not offered in the free plan. This plan offers custom branding, email templates, and a lot more.
- The standard plan’s price starts from $14.99/month. In this plan, the customer can avail the feature of advanced automation, behavioural targeting, and much more.
- Last but not the least, the price of the Premium plan starts from $299/month. This is a fully equipped plan as it offers all the other features including advanced segmentation, comparative reporting, multivariate testing, and many other advanced features.
- AWeber has a decent costing plan whereas Mailchimp has a variety of plans that you can choose according to your needs.
The first feature that will be compared is the type of messages these platforms offer. AWeber offers five different kinds of messaging options. The five options are:
- Legacy follow up series
- Blog broadcasts
On the other hand, Mailchimp has four different types of campaigns that they offer. These campaigns include:
- Plain text campaigns
- Automation campaigns
- Regular campaigns
- A/B testing campaigns
Both offer a range of messages and campaigns which makes them competitive in this area.
The next feature that can be highlighted is the email template. They both offer a range of email templates that are designed in a way that they meet different customer needs. The difference is that AWeber offers a wide range of templates that are almost 700 but Mailchimp offers only 100 email templates to its customers. The designs of these templates are responsive and they can automatically resize according to the device. AWeber does have a huge range of templates but Mailchimp wins the race because of email designing. You can design your template yourself from scratch and you are not limited to already available templates.
Segmentation is a tool in which you can break down your subscriber list into subsets. This helps the users to reach out to a targeted group or audience and not send emails to everyone on the list. AWeber gives you the option to make subsets of your subscriber lists by using subscriber activity. This also alerts the users who opened the email, clicked on the link, etc. In contrast, Mailchimp has a huge list of segmentation options but that depends on the plan that you opt for. Automation data reports can be used as well as campaign activity to create segments. Mailchimp is better in this field because it has more advanced segmentation options.
The first usability factor that will be reviewed is the ease of importing lists. You will be required to import your subscriber list on both these platforms. Both these service providers allow you to import your subscriber list from several kinds of formats. It could be an excel sheet, text formats, CVS files, or just copy and paste from one place to another. The only difference is that Mailchimp’s experience is less technical and considerably easier than the AWeber’s experience.
The user interface of AWeber is logical. If you have some understanding on these platforms then you can easily start working on this. All the sections and options are available on the front. Simultaneously, Mailchimp’s interface is extremely user-friendly because it is uncluttered and comes with more direct options for templates and designs. They both tie in this area because they both prefer ease over technicality. The usability is pretty good and each platform strives in its way.
Which is best: AWeber vs Mailchimp
This comparison can go on and on because both have special features that cater to the needs of different users. There is no doubt that both of these are strong contenders in this competition. They both have their weaknesses and strengths. Mailchimp provides a platform where the content can be customized and personalized according to the needs of the users whereas AWeber has a huge variety of templates that gives people more options.
If this review of AWeber vs Mailchimp helped you, please recommend DigitalSupermarket.