It was founded in 2011 by Spencer Haws as a way to promote his website ‘Niche Pursuits’ on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). The purpose was to come up with an accelerated version of generating low competition keywords to boost the growth of websites on SERPs.
In this review, we will discuss Long Tail Pro’s pricing plans, its features on different devices: Desktop and Mobile applications, and how its performance is compared to competitors’ keyword tools in the market.
In this review…
- Long Tail Pro Review Summary
- Long Tail Pro Pros and Cons
- Long Tail Pro Features
- Compare Long Tail Pro
- Long Tail Pro Prices & Plans
Long Tail Pro Review Summary
Long Tail Pro is a low competition (long tail) keyword generator. These keywords generally have a high conversion rate compared to single and 2-3 word phrases. This is a keyword research software tool that is compatible with Google’s SERPs ranking technique and can be used on Windows, Mac, and SmartPhone (Android and iPhone) in the form of an application.
Besides generating long-tail keywords for your content, It combines various SEO metrics, for example, Citation Flow (popularity of the web page), Trust Flow (authenticity of the web page), Referring Domains (refers to backlinks provided by other websites as referrals), and Site Age to predict the rank of your website on Google SERPs.
Long Tail Pro is currently available in 67 out of 150 countries. It is a paid service with six levels of subscriptions, and the price increases respectively: Monthly/Annual starter, Monthly/Annual Pro, and Monthly/Annual Agency. It is regularly used by a variety of professionals, for example, Bloggers, Affiliate Marketers, Agencies, SEO consultants, and Marketing Professionals.
Long Tail Pro Pros and Cons
- More than 300 keywords were generated from a single seed word
- Availability of service in more than 50 countries
- Customize Keyword suggestions based on CPC (Cost Per Click), campaign website ranking, and niche of your content.
- User-friendly keyword analysis tool with an above-average simplified visual display
- Competitor’s keyword dissection strategy based on their web content (input domain URL).
- Up to date data: keyword lookup within the last 24 hours.
- Daily keyword ranking based on your chosen keywords from your website.
- Website competitive analysis after keyword generation based on Citation flow, Trust Flow, Referring Domains, and Site Age.
- Prices start as low as $25 per month.
- Color-coded keyword metrics indicating target keyword competitiveness metric.
- The Long Tail Pro trial version is only valid for 7 days.
- The search limit allows for only 5 keyword searches at one particular time.
- It has a 5 second lag in search queries.
- It is not a full-form SEO suite tool.
- You can import keywords but manual input is limited to only 200.
Long Tail Pro Features
Long Tail Pro is built on top of Adobe Air, also known as Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR). This makes Long Tail Pro a web-based software which means you don’t have to install the software to run. It is compatible with all devices on which Adobe Air can be installed, for example, Desktop, Mac, and SmartPhone (Android and iPhone).
With market saturation, identifying your niche in a highly competitive environment is integral for your business. Long Tail Pro offers Competitor Analysis to determine the top keyword they are using to drive traffic to their website. It also aids in figuring out competitor’s strategies for content development.
The Rank Tracker is another feature of Long Tail Pro which allows you to import a seed long-tail keyword and check its rank based on google search in the last 24 hours. You can determine its viability by comparing the results with Google Trends.
An interesting feature of Long Tail Pro is the suggestion of a domain name based on your business and the nature of the content. Long Tail Pro is suitable for both beginners and big companies running multiple projects with its additional log-in feature available in ‘Agency’ and ‘Pro’ subscription modules. In addition to the above-discussed features, it comes with Backlink analysis, Rank analysis, and SERP analysis.
Long Tail Pro Desktop and Mobile Version Features
There isn’t much variation between Desktop and Mobile Version features. Let’s go through some of the common features.
- Include: You can include and exclude keywords for content ideas. For example, instead of writing makeup ideas, you can include a ‘how to’ for generating results related to ‘How to do your own makeup’ and related keyword ideas.
- Note-taking: Both Desktop and mobile applications facilitate note-taking in one space with its’ note-taking feature. This allows all the content to be in one place instead of going back and forth between Evernote or Sticky Notes.
- Number of Words: Use this feature to continue adding keywords, it can go up to suggesting 25 Key Characters.
- Rank Tracker: You can use the Rank Tracker tool to see which words are ranking on different pages of your website on Google’s SERPs. For example, if you are running a blog on sustainable furniture. You can input a variety of search terms such as ‘upcycling’, ‘wood’, and ‘coconut shell lamp’ to see which words are rated the highest according to engagement rate and the number of visitors (the combination is known as Alexa rate). After tracking, you will be able to see which of your blogs are gaining the most attraction. This helps you focus on tasks with the most productive outcome and eliminate the noise.
- Import Keywords: Use Ubersuggest instead of Google Search Engine to generate a list of relevant seed keywords. The reason we are recommending ‘Uber suggest’ is because compared to Google Search Engine, it comes up with a solid list of keywords instead of just suggesting. Long Tail Pro can then generate long-tail keywords suitable for incorporating into your website content.
How Does Long Tail Pro Compare By Features To Its Competitors?
- KWFinder’s most advanced subscription package known as ‘Mangools Agency’ generates 700 keywords compared to Long Tail Pro’s 400 keywords. Ahrefs, on the other hand, can generate several keywords up to 1000,000 keywords (with 4x more prices).
- KWFinder is a cheap alternative compared to Long Tail Pro. However, features of KWFinder lack competitor research.
- Long Tail Pro doesn’t perform and make use of the Clickstream data (record of user web navigation) while SEMrush offers this feature to its users.
- In addition to Clickstream data, SEMrush offers monetization metrics for your website which LongTail Pro lacks.
- Google Keyword planner is a cheap alternative tool to Long Tail Pro but it only provides queries for single and 2-3 word phrases.
- The interface on Long Tail Pro is far user friendly and aesthetically pleasing compared to Jaaxy.
Check out the KWFinder review to see more.
Long Tail Pro Prices & Plans
Long Tail Pro has 6 pricing packages: 3 for monthly, and 3 for annual subscriptions.
- Monthly packages are titled Monthly Starter starting from $37 per month. It includes limited keyword search in 24 hours (800) and ranks 30 keywords. It allows only one additional simultaneous login
- The 2nd subscription monthly package is titled “Monthly Pro”. This is priced at double the Monthly Starter at $67. However, it offers more than twice the keyword search. Additionally, the Rank Tracker allows more than 600% keyword ranking compared to Monthly Pro and offers 2 additional logins
- The 3rd subscription monthly package in the row is titled ‘Monthly Agency’. This is priced at $147 per month and offers more than 5000 keyword lookups, a 1000 tracked keywords ranking, and a total of 5 simultaneous logins (suitable for big businesses). Monthly Pro and Monthly Starter come with a 7-day free trial version but the Monthly Agency package lacks this feature.
Annual Packages are titled Annual Starter, Annual Pro, and Annual Agency respectively. The features are the same as monthly packages discussed earlier except that prices vary here.
- For an Annual starter, you have to pay $297 for a yearly subscription, and it will cost you $25 per month compared to a Monthly starter at $37
- Annual Pro is billed $537 annually, and the per month cost is $45 compared to Monthly Pro at $67
- The Annual Agency is billed $1177 annually, and its per month cost is $98 compared to $147 in the Monthly Agency package. The Annual Pro and Annual Agency also comes up with the additional feature of ‘Plug-and-play template system’ to upgrade your SEO suite.
Long Tail Pro is a highly useful software tool for SEO beginners as well as experts looking to rank their websites on Google’s SERPs. Its unique features save you hundreds of hours by generating bulk keywords which you can use to make your business profitable at an early stage.
Long Tail Pro is a must-buy for anyone with an interest in increasing their business growth within no time.