There are thousands of work management app available. This Monday.com review will help you decide whether it’s the best choice for your business.
Monday.com is a web app that offers an all-in-one Customer Relationship Management (CRM) functionality. It offers amazing features such as Gannt charts for project management.
Using Monday, you will be able to track your team’s productivity, sync apps, track workflow, and enjoy timely updates on projects in Kanban.
In this review, I’ll tell you about the important features of Monday.com, its advantages and disadvantages, its features, and compare it to other options.
In this review…
- What is Monday.com?
- Tips and Resources
- Monday.com Pros and Cons
- Monday.com Pricing
- Monday.com Dashboard
- Monday.com Comparison
- Customer Support
- Monday.com Review Summary
What is Monday.com?
Monday.com helps businesses manage their work via planning and organizing daily tasks such as:
- Manage workflows
- File sharing
- Time and resource management
- Team collaboration
- Reduce manual tasks
Monday.com tracks the work progress by using the CRM feature, thus allowing its users to add the CRM board along with other project management boards which help in the visualization of the progress.
It allows the users to create their own customized work-plan and timeline according to the needs of the project, and this customization feature has made Monday.com favourable for almost all types of organizations, for example:
- Every other department which needs its work to be managed properly
Also, depending upon the type of work, it has different types of boards, for instance:
- Gantt charts
It can be used in the form of a web application on Laptops, Desktops, and Mobile Phones. It is also available for iOS and Android.
Tips and Resources
In order to gain the maximum advantage from Monday, tips and resources are essential as it helps the customers to find out the use of important features other than the common ones such as a Dashboard. Some significant tips are listed to make the best use of this management software:
1: Boltswitch: The feature of boltswitch is available to find any board of the software. So, it saves time from scrolling and makes the workflow smooth.
2: Resource management: Monday has the following advantages in terms of resource management:
- Levelling: to manage subsidized resources
- Allocation: to display all the resources and maximizing their use
- Forecasting: to predict the future usage of resources
3: Synchronization of the calendar: Important events, meetings, and dates can be synchronized with the Google and Outlook calendar. This avoids the shuffling of the user on different platforms as every important information is available in one place.
4: Board Highlight: All the teammates can coordinate with each other by enabling the board highlight. Any change made by one member will be highlighted. This feature makes it easy to track all the changes without any hustle.
Monday.com Pros and Cons
- Clear dashboard
- Integrations with other apps
- Gantt Charts
- Ability to share Timeline with others help team members
- Task automation
- Annual payments make it a less feasible pricing plan
- Mobile version often faces lag and is not regularly updated
Monday.com has 1 free package, 3 Monthly pricing packages, and 1 Enterprise package which are billed annually for the whole team. It is one of the few most famous productivity software which offers one completely free individual package. The pricing subscriptions are as follows:
1: Individual: This package is free of cost for an unlimited period of time, and can be availed by up to 2 individual team members. It contains 200+ templates, 20 types of columns and a large variety of productivity boards.
2: Basic: This package costs $8 per team member. The Basic Package offers several features, for example, 5GB file storage, unlimited item list in the Dashboard, and a Dashboard creation facility.
3: Standard: This package costs $10 per team member. The Standard Package offers various features, for example, Gantt chart use, 250 Automations per month, and 200+ integrations.
4. Pro: This package cost $16 per team member. The Pro Package offers various features such as Private boards, Formula and Dependency columns, and time tracking for each task.
5: Enterprise: This is an enterprise-level customised package. Enterprise package consists of various features such as Tailored onboarding, top-tier security features, multi-level permissions, and a Dashboard that can combine 50 boards into one.
Monthly Packages titled: Basic, Standard, and Pro can be availed by team members ranging from a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 40. For 40+ members, Monday offers customized pricing packages for all Monthly packages. These packages are billed annually for the whole company.
Monday.com offers these 6 most interesting features for any project management software. These are as follows:
- Integrations: Although Monday has limited App integrations, it still covers a multitude of software such as Slack, Zapier, Adobe Creative Cloud etc.
- Automations: Task automation help team members stay organized, and on track for daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Dashboards: Monday’s Dashboard consists of a timeline, a calendar, a breakdown of the Team’s resource capacity, and task automation.
- Kanban: This is a workflow management Agile software that allows users to see the team’s work in real-time. It has ready-to-use templates for user’s ease. It also allows ways to collaborate with external stakeholders.
- Gantt: With Gantt Charts, you can track progress for each colour-coded project. It is presented in the form of milestone achievements. On top of these features, it also includes Iteration planning.
- Files: This works just like Google Docs but is far more interactive, colourful and user-friendly. The most fun thing is the integration of apps into files, such as Adobe’s design software.
Dashboards are crucial in maintaining the workflow by keeping the track of each widget and board in one place. Monday has two types of dashboards:
- Main dashboard: all the users of the account can see it.
- Private dashboard: only you or selected members who have access can see it.
The Monday dashboard keeps the record of all the work at one glance and makes the goal achievement easier. According to the need of the widget and board, the dashboard can be edited. It is an efficient way to keep the morale of the team-high.
Here is an honest comparison of Monday compared to its competitors:
- Monday.com vs Airtable: Airtable offers a lot of similar features such as task timeline but it requires a lot of time for training. Airtable is not as user-friendly as Monday is.
- Monday.com vs Asana: On Asana, you are able to manage work-load by yourself while Monday offers automated work-load management. The software is aware of your resources and if you are not able to complete it by the end of the workday- it will move part of the project automatically to the next day.
- Monday.com vs Basecamp: Basecamp offers real-time chat, a simple dashboard compared to Monday’s complex yet interactive one, and a scheduling tool.
- Monday.com vs Jira: Jira is geared more towards software teams whilst Monday is general workplace software.
- Monday.com vs SmartSheet: These two tools are similar on most levels but Monday takes the lead here with its dynamic set of features.
- Monday.com vs Trello: Both of these software come up with a Kanban integration tool. The only difference is Monday’s inclusion of a reporting tool in Kanban compared to its absence in Trello.
- Monday.com vs Wrike: Wrike comes with a lot of organization tools and offers almost all of the same set of features that Monday does. The difference lies in Monday’s simple Dashboard vs Wrike’s complex one.
Monday.com Customer Support
The team is 24/7 available to help and solve all the queries of its customers. It answers the general issues and confusions to assist the users through customer forums and visual tutorials. Fast solutions are also available: one can join a daily webinar or get a premium package. Other common methods of customer support include:
- Phone calls
- Live chat
Besides, it provides personalized support to its customers by providing guidelines about each specification of the software. Some of the important customer supports are:
- How to become a pro
- How to manage marketing campaigns
- Support for mobile application
- Knowledge base questions and their solutions
- Best services and their efficient uses
Monday.com Review Summary
To conclude, Monday is an awesome workplace software that helps you to track your team’s progress in real-time. Its’ features such as Gannt chart, automated tasks, Kanban, and Third-Party App integrations make it a highly user-friendly software for as small as a team of only 3 members to large enterprises consisting of 500+ employees.
Getting your team onboarded on Monday is highly recommended for ease of workflow management.
If this Monday.com review helped you please recommend DigitalSupermarket!
Visit Monday.com for the latest offers