SocialPilot is the go-to place to manage your social media accounts. It may not have the large user-base like Buffer and Hootsuite, but more than 115,000 businesses use it, so it’s doing something right. In this SocialPilot review, we’ll show you the pros, cons, prices and features of SocialPilot, so you can decide if it’s the best social media manager site for you.
In this review…
SocialPilot is a site that manages all of your social media accounts. Additionally, it will help to improve your social media all on one platform with its ability to automate posts and many other interesting features. It is typically used for small business and it does have features that can be utilized by agencies. SocialPilot is used by digital agencies and businesses to help them schedule and market their social media. You can use this site to schedule your posts to your social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, Google My Business, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, VK, Tumblr, and TikTok.
Available worldwide, SocialPilot is not only for US digital marketing, but also Western Europe, India, Russia, and Germany-based businesses have all utilized this site and what it has to offer. With so many different businesses using this tool around the world – we definitely need to know more about it.
SocialPilot Pros & Cons
SocialPilot continues to show people why it’s consistently ranking high up as one of the best social media management tools. You will be able to schedule posts in bulk, include various images and you will also be able to create a shortened URL for your branded social media URLs. Also, there is a browser extension that allows you to share your respobsibilities and the mobile app allows you to edit your images.
This platform, unlike Hootsuite, also tends to stand out amongst the crowd because you can schedule on Google My Business and TikTok. This has become important to agencies and businesses that need brand new features. However, if you’re an Instagram user, like many other people, then you will be slightly disappointed to learn that it does not allow for direct publication to the app.
The only caveat is that you must complete this through integration with Zapier, an automation tool. Some people will say that this is a limitation, but others will look on the bright side and see that this will show them the power of the Zapier platform. If you’re an automation champion then you will love this ability.
Canva has also been integrated into SocialPilot. This is useful because Canva allows its users to create graphics and illustrations with ease. While this is a useful feature, it will work better if you already have experience with Canva because the integration is not perfect. Along with it is a content curation tool that will give the user searches in real-time for content based on the influencers and keywords they put into the search bar, but it is only available in English.
The social inbox that is available to you is only used for Facebook. You will be able to use it to manage your Facebook comments and inbox on multiple pages, so it’s a good way for you to keep track of them all from the last 30 days. Also, by keeping track of them – you will be able to reply to them on a single interface which is very handy because you won’t need to change your Facebook page every time you want to access another part of your social media.
The interface is clear and simple, but there are other social media dashboards that will allow you to access multiple social media sites. This is important to note because businesses who use social media tend to have multiple accounts on different servers.
Social Media Listening
When it comes to social media listening features, SocialPilot is lacking. They haven’t included any features that allows for social media listening. They help you handle your messages and comments from your Facebook page, but it won’t track for you. However, Hootsuite, Sendible and Buffer Reply are capable of providing you with social listening options.
However, some people have moved past the lack of social media listening tools because SocialPilot has a good scheduling tool that offers automated posts to Facebook and multiple other platforms. Also, when you create your post, so you will have a preview of what it will look like. You will be able to use built-in tools to add videos, images or GIFs to an image for your Canva post. Also, there is another feature that allows you to set a post up to repeat itself for up to 10 days. This is good if you’re trying to gain a lot of attention to a particular post.
SocialPilot also prides itself on being a tool that was made for teams. If you’re the account owner then you will be happy to know that you will be able to add team members with only a few clicks. Within a single interface, you will be able to choose which team member can access which accounts and what abilities they will have within that account. This is helpful because you will be able to make sure the right person has the right access they need. When a team member creates content for a post it will be sent to the account owner for approval, so you will be happy to know that you will always know what’s being posted.
When it comes to support, SocialPilot does lack again. There is no support by phone, so you will need to send an email. Their social media accounts might respond to your queries, but they tend to be directed to an outwards communication. This becomes problematic because sites, like Hootsuite, have taken a different way to help and have a button for feedback on every single page, so a support ticket will be created. What is also available is email support and social media support is around due to their dedicated teams.
SocialPilot Prices and Plans
- The Individual plan allows you to manage five accounts. However, you will have a cap of 50 posts and it is hidden on the pricing page. For this service you will be paying $8.33 a month. However, if you pay a little extra with Buffer then you will be able to manage eight social media accounts, but you will have a cap of 100 posts for $19.20 a month. Then you have Hootsuite, who will allow you to use 10 social media accounts for one user and access to unlimited posts all for $19 a month.
- The Professional plan allows three team members to manage 25 social media accounts. This service will cost you $30 a month.
- The Small Team plan allows five team members to manage 50 social media accounts. This service will cost you $50 a month. If you wanted to use the Team package with Hootsuite then you would be looking at $99 for 20 social media accounts and 3 users.
- The Agency plan allows ten team members manage 100 social media accounts. This service will cost you $100.
- The Enterprise plan is completely customizable to suit your company’s needs. You would need to schedule a phone call to discuss this plan and how much it will cost.
- There are discounts available for non-profits, but there is not percentage available for us to know what the discount would be.
- They also offer a 14-day free trial with all of the plans. This is short compared to Sendible’s 30-day free trial and the free plans offered by Buffer and Hootsuite.
- You are also able to cancel your membership with SocialPilot whenever you want, but you will not receive a refund right away. Some individuals have spoken up about needing to argue for their refund. However, Hootsuite will allow you to cancel your plan and they will give you a refund pretty easily.
SocialPilot Review Summary
SocialPilot is a fantastic tool for social media management teams and their agencies. It is easy to set up and allows you to quickly schedule content while having multiple options for keeping your social media stream busy. Keep in mind that there are also other websites that are easy to use like Hootsuite. Hootsuite also has a Chrome extension for fast social sharing.
The team functionality and analytics is included in every plan, so this is an affordable alternative compared to other sites like eClincher. However, the biggest drawback is the lack of Instagram support. With Instagram being such a powerhouse of a social media platform, it’s important to have a management tool that will work with it.
If this SocialPilot review helped you, please recommend DigitalSupermarket.