There are dozens of SEO tools in the market which makes the process of choosing one a nightmare. This SEMRush review will help you decide whether it’s the best choice for your website.
SEMrush comes with an array of amazing features that will help improve the ranking of your webpage, suggest improvement in your content, and will help you to better market it.
Short on time? Compare SEMRush to other SEO tools.
In this review…
- What is SEMRush?
- SEMRush Pros and Cons
- SEMRush Dashboard
- SEMRush Comparison
- Customer Support
- SEMRush Review Summary
What is SEMRush?
SEMRush is a highly popular SEO tool that helps content writers, editors, and digital marketing teams use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for generating a better ranking on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
Using SEMRush, you will be able to carry On-page SEO research, use social media scheduling tools, do competitor’s research analysis, backlink analysis, and find ways to monetise your website.
SEMRush can be used in the form of an application on Laptops, Desktops, and Mobile Phones. It is also available for iOS and Android.
SEMRush Pros and Cons
Here ‘s the pros and cons of SEMRush.
SEMRush comes with 3 types of pricing plans with increasing facilities, which are as follows:
- Pro is the most basic package, it is priced at $119.95/month. SEMRush offers this package for beginners and small teams. It offers features such as the space to create up to 5 projects, track 500 keywords, and offer backlink analysis. In addition to all of this, it comes with a lot of reporting and project features.
- Guru is the 2nd subscription package in line and is more advanced compared to Pro. This package is priced at $229.95/month. Guru offers this package for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), and marketing consultants. Its features include 1500 keywords to track, and instead of 5, it offers a total of 15 projects. Additionally, this package offers tracking of historical data and Google Data Studio Integration.
- The Business subscription package is the 3rd one in the line and is the most advanced. It is priced at $449.95/month. This package is offered for large companies. Business’ features include creating a total of 40 projects and tracking 5000 keywords. In addition to these features, this package offers security features such as Application Programming Interface (API) and unlimited targets per project.
The Pro and Guru package comes with a 7-day free trial along with regular subscription packages. SEMRush also offers an annual package, with a 17% overall discount on all subscription packages.
SEMRush is a rich SAAS tool. It comes with an array of features that the users can enjoy to create engaging content. Here is the list of some of the top features offered by SEMRush:
- Keyword Research: This is an SEO feature that comes with a total of 6 tools for optimal keyword research.
- On-page SEO: This feature improves organic traffic with tools like ‘Site Audit’, and a ‘Log File Analyzer’.
- Competitor Analysis: This feature comes with 4 tools to track competitor’s strategies for successful campaigns.
- Content Marketing: This is a marketing feature that improves the visibility of your content. It includes some really amazing tools, for example, a marketing calendar and an SEO Content Template.
- Local SEO: This feature facilitates getting traffic from a domestic audience. It includes tools such as ‘Listing Management’, and ‘Position Tracking’.
- Rank Tracking: This feature offers tools that help improve ranking on Google’s SERPs. One of its unique tools is ‘Sensor’. A sensor helps in checking the volatility of Google’s changing algorithms.
- Social Media Management: This feature is used for social media posting content and scheduling.
- Link Building: This feature is used for Backlink analysis. Some popular tools in this feature are Backlink GAP and Bulk Backlink Analysis.
- Competitor SEO Analysis: This is the same as the Competitor’s analysis, except this time it is more geared towards their SEO analysis.
- Content Creation and Distribution: This feature aids with creating meaningful content.
- Content Optimization: With tools such as Content Auditing, this feature helps improve the quality of the written content.
- Content Marketing Analytics: It includes tools like ‘Content Auditing’.
- Market Analysis: It comes with ‘Traffic Analytics’, and ‘Market Explorer’ tools.
- Paid Advertising: This feature offers tools like Product Listing Ads (PLA), and analyzing competitor’s advertising strategies.
- Competitor PR Monitoring: This comes with PR’s monitoring tools.
- PPC Keyword Research: This feature aids in improving keywords for advertisements.
- Website Monetization: This feature is used to drive revenue from the website with the help of Adsense.
The SEMRush Dashboard is highly user-friendly and easy to navigate, particularly for beginners. It has some amazing useful widgets that you can use according to the current project you are working on. Some of these are:
- Site Audit: This aids in checking if your website is up to the mark, with SEO and SERPs.
- OnPage SEO Checker: This is a widget that helps improve the overall ranking of your landing pages.
- Content Audit: This gives insights into the number of times your content was shared on different social media pages.
- Scheduled posts: This is a scheduler for your upcoming posts.
SEMRush Dashboards come with a variety of widgets, all of which help improve the quality of your content and drive a great amount of traffic to your website.
Here is an honest comparison of SEMRush compared to its competitors:
- SEMRush vs Reputation: As compared to SEMRush, Reputation doesn’t generate results that give a timely Return on Investment (ROI)
- SEMRush vs MeltWater: As compared to SEMRush, MeltWater is more expensive.
- SEMRush vs WordStream: WordStream comes with a low API count compared to SEMRush.
- SEMRush vs SERanking: SERanking doesn’t come with a strong link-building feature.
- SEMRush vs Google Analytics: Google Analytics is better in terms of performance and Reliability compared to SEMRush.
- SEMRush vs Birdeye: Birdeye offers better user support but is slow on ROI.
- SEMRush vs Moz: As compared to SEMRush, Mozlocal doesn’t have a strong social media and local SEO support system.
- SEMRush vs SpyFu: As compared to SEMRush, SpyFu comes with limited backlink monitoring.
SEMRush Customer Support
SEMRush customer support is offered in the form of ‘how to articles’ which includes information regarding content marketing, SEO, and advertising. In addition to this, the company offers personal demonstrations to anyone who requests it, and customized solutions on request.
Besides all of this, it offers ‘Regional Support’ in more than 7 countries with a helpline number. It also offers chat support in the countries it is operating in and an email support box.
SEMRush Review Summary
To conclude, SEMRush is a highly recommended software due to its performance, amazing features, add-on tools like ‘traffic insight’, resources, features offered in subscription packages, and a great customer support team.
Start using SEMRush to boost your content’s quality and website performance.
Did this SEMRush review help you? If so please recommend DigitalSupermarket.